Computational physicist pursuing my Ph.D. in numerical relativity and gravitational-wave astronomy at the Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics in Potsdam, Germany. Also passionate about software development, design, data visualisation and teaching.
*1992 in Hannover, Germany
Teaching & Employment
- Multi-messenger Astronomy (2020)
- Gravitational Wave Astrophysics (2019)
- General Relativity (2017)
- Quantum Mechanics (2016)
- Electrodynamics and Special Relativity (2015/16)
- Analytical Mechanics and Thermodynamics (2015)
- Mechanics and Mathematical Methods (2014/15)
- N. L. Fischer, S. Rodriguez, T. Wlodarczyk, et al. High-accuracy numerical models of Brownian thermal noise in thin mirror coatings. Submitted to Phys. Rev. D (2021). arXiv:2111.06893.
- N. L. Fischer, H. P. Pfeiffer, G. S. Bonilla, et al. A scalable elliptic solver with task-based parallelism for the SpECTRE numerical relativity code. Submitted to Phys. Rev. D (2021). arXiv:2111.06767.
- L. M. Zertuche, K. Mitman, N. Khera, et al. High Precision Ringdown Modeling: Multimode Fits and BMS Frames. Submitted to Phys. Rev. D (2021). arXiv:2110.15922.
- N. Deppe, F. Hébert, L. E. Kidder, et al. Simulating magnetized neutron stars with discontinuous Galerkin methods. Submitted to Phys. Rev. D (2021). arXiv:2109.12033.
- J. Moxon, M. A. Scheel, S. A. Teukolsky, et al. The SpECTRE Cauchy-characteristic evolution system for rapid, precise waveform extraction. Submitted to Phys. Rev. D (2021). arXiv:2110.08635.
- N. L. Fischer and H. P. Pfeiffer. Unified discontinuous Galerkin scheme for a large class of elliptic equations. Phys. Rev. D 105, 2, p. 024034 (2022). arXiv:2108.05826.
- T. Vincent, H. P. Pfeiffer, and N. L. Fischer. hp-adaptive discontinuous Galerkin solver for elliptic equations in numerical relativity. Phys. Rev. D 100, 8 (2019). arXiv:1907.01572.
- M. Boyle, D. Hemberger, D. A. B. Iozzo, et al. The SXS collaboration catalog of binary black hole simulations. Classical and Quantum Gravity 36, 19, p. 195006 (2019). arXiv:1904.04831.
- M. Düll, N. L. Fischer, B. M. Schaefer, and F. P. Schuller. Symmetric gravitational closure. arXiv:2003.07109.
- V. Kuznetsov, N. L. Fischer, and Y. Guo. The Archive Solution for Distributed Workflow Management Agents of the CMS Experiment at LHC. Computing and Software for Big Science 2, 1 (2018). arXiv:1801.03872.
- N. Deppe, W. Throwe, L. E. Kidder, N. L. Fischer, F. Hébert, J. Moxon, C. Armaza, G. S. Bonilla, P. Kumar, G. Lovelace, E. O’Shea, H. P. Pfeiffer, M. A. Scheel, S. A. Teukolsky, et al. SpECTRE. sxs-collaboration/spectre. Zenodo:10.5281/zenodo.4290404.
- N. L. Fischer. dgpy. nilsleiffischer/dgpy. Zenodo:10.5281/zenodo.5086180.
- N. L. Fischer. gwpv. nilsleiffischer/gwpv.